"Amazing Grace"

11/19/2007 01:29:00 PM | 1 comments »

The movie Amazing Grace came out on DVD this past week.

I watched it this past weekend... AGAIN.
I really love this movie.

I think what I love about the movie is that it is a powerful story of a man who chooses to live his life in a way that honors God and makes a difference in the world. And... he makes that choice over and over again.


He gets tired - physically and emotionally -- of trying to move forward with making change in the world. He has to choose AGAIN how he will invest his life. He has friends around him to help make that choice -- reminding him of the passion within him, the gifts he's been given, and the change in the world that's needed to be made.


I hope that I too live my life in a similar way -- eyes open to the world and people around me, my heart passionate for God, surrounded by wise, Godly friends, and choosing consistently the ways of God.

1 comments

  1. Heather // November 27, 2007 at 8:13 AM  

    I like this movie, too. What amazing committment! And, what's really cool is when he felt like giving up, God put people in his life who would encourage him to continue. It's neat how God doesn't leave us on our own!