"If music means a lot to me, so do stars, and I missed them desperately in the city, where the street lights and neon signs take away from the stars so that only the most brilliant ones are visible. If I'm confused, or upset, or angry, if I can go out and look at the stars I'll almost always get back a sense of proportion. It's not that they make me feel insignificant, it's the very opposite, they make me feel that everything matters, be it ever so small, and that there's meaning to life even when it seems most meaningless."
- Madeleine L'Engle
A Ring of Endless Light
A sigh-inspiring little tidbit that I loved while reading A Ring of Endless Light this weekend.

I just got back from Palawan. There were moments when I was surrounded by the things that help me breathe... the things that make remember. Stars. Flowers. Trees. Rocks. Grass. Flowing water. Blue skies. Passionate people. But for some reason, I didn't feel like I soaked it all in... that I breathed it all in deeply -- not really anyway.

Music. Stars.
Getting back a sense of proportion.
It's what I need.

Thankful for a non-working holiday tomorrow.
Hope to go and do just that.

0 comments