I'm baaack....

9/16/2007 05:27:00 AM | 2 comments »

SIGH.
It's been a while since my last blog :)

I'm now in Dallas... arrived here on early Wednesday morning (a little bit past midnight).

A lot has happened since my last blog and today. I'll take some time over the next week or so to catch up with some "post"blogging. :)

Right now I'm in the hospital with my aunt who is recovering from her heart surgery on Monday. She'll go home tomorrow which I'm sure she's excited about.

I'm glad to be here in Dallas. I have a lot of family here in town and it will be nice to spend time with them.

Why am I in Dallas?
Wycliffe International has their office here in Dallas and I'll be spending time with some of the Communications folks here to pick their brains before I head overseas. I'm also going to go through some formal training. The training I'm going to be taking next week is called "Learning that LASTS". Basically training on how to train others effectively. I'll learn principles of adult learning and how to apply those principles in developing effective training. This will be helpful to me when I'm working in Asia as a Communications Consultant.

Spending time in Dallas will also hopefully give me the opportunity to spend good, quality time with my family in this area (I have a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins here!). I'm also hoping to really work on continuing to develop my ministry team over the two months I'm here in Texas.

Ok... more later...
:)

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // September 17, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

    So my pastor spoke today about King James and Bible translation. And how Bible translation is important because people need to have the Bible in a language they understand. You should probably talk to him about getting support from First Church :)

  2. Ruth Hubbard // September 17, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

    Good to see you back in blog-land, Aileen. I'm praying that your time in Dallas will be marked by Divine appointments in every arena of your life and ministry.

    DO enjoy time with family there!! And pick all the tidbits from those excellent brains in Dallas as you can. You won't regret those investments!