Ok, yes. There was ICC class today. Day number... who knows??!! There are only 3 days left (including Friday which is our "graduation" day).

But, today was all about water...
WHITEWATER.
Wooooooooooooooooooo-hooooooooooooooooo!!!!

A group of us left for Charlotte right after marriage seminar class (yes, I stuck with it all four weeks!!). We were off for our whitewater rafting adventure at the U.S. National Whitewater Center. It was AWESOME!!!! It was sooo much fun!

I didn't really come to ICC prepared to go whitewater rafting so all I had were my cheap Wal-Mart flip-flops. I tried to MacGyver my way to be able to use them on the raft, but decided it was worth the rental fee to have my feet covered. For some reason, the shoe laces tied around the flip flop and up my ankle didn't seem as good an idea when water booties were right there to rent.

After a very entertaining orientation session given to us by a guy who reminded me of "Crush" from Finding Nemo...Heather, Jeff, Brian, Karen and I got all suited up with our helmets, PFD (Personal Flotation Device -- NOTE: they're not LIFEJACKETS) and our paddles and got into Kiwi's raft. Our rafting guide was Kiwi - a dairy farmer from New Zealand. I could barely hear him, but it sounded like he's a pretty young (22) guy whose pretty accomplished in the whole whitewater sporting world and an experienced guide. Which he did do a great job at making sure we had a good time during our 2 hour rafting experience.

This whitewater course is a man-made course that has Class II-IV rapids so we'd go through a section of it, paddle up to this conveyor belt and go back through attacking the rapids in a different way.

It was such a fun time!! As much as I didn't want to, I did end up in the water and actually went under the raft for a second. So thankful I paid attention to "Crush" when he said what to do when that happens. I actually remembered and did just what he said. I was never soo happy to see Heather or hear her voice as I was when my head popped up out of the water. She said I looked panicked. No doubt! It was scary for the second that I was under the raft, but once I came out from under there it wasn't that bad. I got pulled into the raft and just started laughing. Oh my :)

Kiwi brought us through the course for 9 trips and gave us lots of fun stuff to do each time.
Anyway, I loved it. If you're ever in this area, I would definitely recommend checking out this place. In addition to the Whitewater Rafting they also have climbing walls and Zip Cord Courses (I REALLY want to do that!!) ... and Kiwi was a good guide. At the very least it was fun listening to him talk :)

I didn't bring my camera so I'm hoping to get some photos from our trip off their site. Once I get it I'll post them up.

Afterwards we were of course STARVING, so we stopped at Carolina's Wings where I had ribs and wings. Yummy...

Oh... it was a GREAT night!!!

And... I still have homework to do, so that's all for now!

0 comments