"Lord You Are Good!"

1/19/2008 12:09:00 PM | 2 comments »

"Oh, the joys of those who trust the LORD, who have no confidence in the proud or in those who worship idols. O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them." (Psalm 40:4-5, NLT)

In order to do the work that I'm preparing to do in the Philippines, I'm responsible for developing a team of partners who will be in ministry with me through their prayers and financial investment.

Through these ministry partners - churches, individuals and families - my estimated monthly living expenses and financial needs are funded.

I have been amazed at the ways that God has been working. At the beginning of this week 72% of my estimated monthly needs were secured.

Today... it's 86%!!!

I am amazed! I am grateful for the team that God has assembled. I am in awe of God's provision and faithfulness. I am excited to see this happen and my move to Manila become a closer reality!

Praise God for His provision!
To my ministry team...thank you all for your partnership – your prayers and your gifts! This is a result of God working through YOU all!

As much as this percentage excites me... what it speaks to me is even more exciting!

I have been struggling with feelings of disappointment that I wasn't at 100% yet. I have been struggling with trying to figure out what I needed to do to make this happen.

In this past week God has really been reminding me that He is the One at work. He has been reminding me that I have to trust and wait on Him and Him alone.

This week God has released me...
He has given me a deeper sense of freedom.
I don't have to carry the weight of the burden of trying to make this all happen.

He has given me a deeper sense of peace.
I can relax and trust in God's timing and know that it will be perfect.

He has given me a deeper sense of hope.
Because He says to trust and wait on Him... and because He is faithful and good, I can rest in a hope that's secure.

God has given me those gifts this week... and then what a sweet surprise to see Him work in this way!

Thanks to those of you who have been praying for me!
Praise the Lord!

And...thank you, Lord!!

You are Good!!

2 comments

  1. Ruth Hubbard // January 20, 2008 at 5:42 AM  

    Oh, Aileen...I am celebrating with you! Yes, God is good! All the time.

  2. Anonymous // February 1, 2008 at 3:20 AM  

    Aileen, you're right!
    Based from my experiences the Lord is always with me.
    Always trust in the Lord bec. He has plan for you. (Jer 29:11)