A Book of Blank Pages

10/17/2008 10:56:00 AM | 0 comments »

April 2009 will mark 10 years since I took my first trip out of the country.
It was 1999.

My grandmother had been dealing with kidney problems for a number of years already and she felt like she was nearing the end of her life here on earth. She wanted to go home to spend time with family. She had expected that she woudn't make it back.

It just so happened that I still hadn't found a job after college graduation and I had "nothing" to do. So, in a whirlwind of activity, I applied for my first passport and fulfilled a dream of visiting the Philippines.

Well, I had to apply to renew my passport before my November trip and before applying for my visa to stay in Manila for over a year.

A brand new passport.
A book full of blank pages.

It's kind of exciting to flip through the book, feel the blank pages... and wonder what stamps and stickers might fill it over the next couple of years.

Hopefully in 10 years my passport book will be full when I renew it... and I'll have a better passport picture for the next one!


0 comments