Sick.

7/24/2010 07:48:00 PM | 0 comments »

I haven't been out of my apartment since I returned from work on Tuesday night.
I've been home -- sick.

I had intended to get a lot done this week. I actually planned to have some really productive days working from home. But instead, I mostly just found myself having to lie down and rest.

Cold? Flu? Allergies? Not sure... I Googled it to see if I could tell the difference but I couldn't really. All I know is that I came home on Tuesday with the start of a sore throat, woke up with no voice, have had terrible congestion/sinus pressure all week long, my whole head hurt -- including my jaw, felt feverish (although I never had a fever), and achy all over. Thankfully it's going away.

Yesterday and today were the only days I was able to get work done. It was a frustrating week. It felt like the week was just sucked away from me. Nothing was done. Nothing was accomplished. It just kind of drifted away...

I found that I never really rested because I had my plans and I wanted to follow through on them. But I couldn't follow through on my plans because I just really need to rest. Bleh.

Recently, a couple of leaders in the area had been sick to the point that they were on bed rest for a long while. I think I have heard both of them on different occasions comment on how they have been blessed during their time of bed rest. They both said something along the lines of how it has given them time to just be with the Lord -- meditate on His Word, be in prayer, worship, etc. I think if they were to comment on this time, they would say that it has been GOOD for them.

I remember when I heard that I thought, "Wow! That's great!" After this week, I think even more so -- "WOW!"

Oh, to have that heart, mind and discipline to truly "be still" before the Lord and just be CONTENT to be in His presence. Even if I do nothing else...accomplish nothing else...add nothing else, but to just be wholly content and satisfied to just be with Him.
I feel like I have had moments and times like that ... but oh that I would have a greater desire for that, and see that be even more true in my life.

NOTE: I am feeling better. And tomorrow I'll venture out. Whew. About time!!

0 comments