So much fun!!!

12/14/2007 10:02:00 AM | 0 comments »

I really do have so much fun when I get to share about the ministry of Bible translation with others. It's such a neat thing to be able to tell stories from around the world. I love seeing and listening to the various reactions people have after hearing about the need people still have for the Bible in their language.

This past weekend I went to Frackville, PA where I got to share the message during their worship service and also give the children's moment. It was so neat to have the chance to share about the ministry with the church there.

AND... it was such an encouraging time for me as well! Before the service even started the people in the church were so welcoming. And following the service I was so encouraged and affirmed by so many.

Sometimes ... during this time of waiting and waiting and waiting ... there are moments when I wonder -- maybe I'm not supposed to go overseas. But I am reminded over and over again that this is where God has led me. And He reminds me, encourages me and gives me confirmation in this decision in so many ways.

God has shown me the ways that He uses His Word to change me, my heart, my life. He has shown me the need people have all around the world to have His Word in a language that speaks to their heart. And... He has shown me the ways that I can be a part of seeing that need met.

God is so gracious -- giving so much, letting me be a part of what He's doing around the world, being so patient and faithful when I am weak in believing, and reminding me over and over again of the things I forget.

I got a card today from a sweet couple I met in Frackville. They encouraged me on Sunday. They encouraged me today. And knowing that they are praying daily for me... will certainly encourage me in days to come.

God is good.

0 comments