My Top 5

9/17/2008 07:00:00 AM | , | 1 comments »

"So, you're stranded on a desert island, what 5 movies do you want to have with you?"


Okay... so moving to Manila is not at ALL like getting stranded on a desert island. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I'll probably be able to find most any movie / DVD I would want to have, but I do have a few that I will make sure to take with me. I probably would be able to find them there... but these are the ones I want to make SURE I'll have.

I love watching movies so this list took some time to develop. From the time I decided to go to Manila I knew that I wouldn't be able to take all my stuff with me... especially not my whole movie collection. When I began moving around from place to place I started to cut down my collection and I kept a mental list of the movies I wished I had with me to watch or the movies I actually did watch over and over again.

These are the movies I never tire of watching.

These are my Top 5...


Anne of Green Gables (the collection):

The first time I watched this I was in high school. My dad and I were home alone over a long weekend (Thanksgiving?). We flipped on the TV and somehow landed on PBS while they were airing the Anne series. Little did we know we would be glued to the TV the rest of the weekend long to follow the adventures of Anne of Green Gables. Oh, I love watching this one!!!


Pride and Prejudice (A&E version):

I'm trying to remember the first time I watched this, but I can't. I'm thinking it must have been sometime during college?? But, ever since I first saw it... I loved it.
I tried to be educated and cultured and actually read the book but, I haven't been able to get through it. I think I've watched the movie too many times.


Lord of the Rings Trilogy:

I had some fun times working with the folks in the Communications Department in Orlando. When the 2nd movie came out a bunch of us went to the midnight showing at the movie theater in Downtown Disney. Fun experience. There were people dressed up, there was picture taking in the theater and there was even an announcement requesting that all staves be placed under the seats.
I was enjoying the movie, but it's a long movie... and it started at MIDNIGHT. So, I started to doze off. Okay, I fell asleep. When I woke up it was the end and the credits were rolling. I thought ... awww...that was a nice ending. At work the next day we were talking about the movie. It was only then that I realized that I missed A LOT of the ending. For me the movie ended with beautiful green scenery and happiness. Not at all how the movie ended. Not at ALL. HA!!

A Knight's Tale:

Great music, great story... Heath Ledger. What else is there to say??






Braveheart:

Action, romance... a man passionate who takes action.




Okay... some may consider picking trilogies cheating, but obviously I don't. hehehehe!!
Musicals???
Where are all my musicals? Meet Me in St. Louis? Music Man?
Old movies?
Where are all the great old movies?? Audrey Hepburn? Doris Day? Jimmy Stewart? Cary Grant? Katharine Hepburn?
I know that there are many more movies that I'd put on my packing list... so hopefully the ones that don't make the list will be found in Manila.
Hmmm... this list may still change before my boxes are packed.
So I guess this is My Top 5... for now.
What DVDs make up your TOP 5???

1 comments

  1. Unknown // October 2, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

    Okay, first, I love you Aileen. Now, we both know that is technically WAY more than five movies. But I digress. Perhaps you can pack those and leave behind socks. You won't need too many pairs of socks, will you? Or sweatshirts. So it evens out. You rock. -Rachele