FIRE!

6/30/2009 09:41:00 PM | 0 comments »


Around 4 this afternoon we kept hearing fire engine sirens blowing. Frequently. A lot of them.

One of the apartment buildings near our office was on fire.
A unit on the 24th (?) floor of Parc Royale was on fire.

When Kenji and I walked home we could see bright, orange flames coming out of the building.
Fire engines closed down the street and firemen were gathered around outside the building.

From home I could see the smoke flowing out of the building.
Even later that evening (around 9?) the fire started up again.

From what I heard -- no one was hurt -- and most of the residents were able to get back into the building the next day.

A couple I work live in this building, but their unit was okay. They mentioned that in the time they've been here (less than a year) they've seen a number of fires in our part of town.

I've never lived in a high-rise before. Seeing the flames coming out of the apartment started me thinking ... "What will you do if there's a fire?"

I guess it's time to start making up my "in case of emergency" plans!

0 comments