1/09/2006 07:44:00 AM | 0 comments »


Currently Watching
Shadowlands


Leu Gardens was in bloom and beautiful today... every flower petal declaring His wonderful works! I so much love going there. Whenever I walk through the door of the main building and step into the gardens I feel a sense of calm and peace just come over me. I feel like the Wizard of Oz when everything goes from black and white to technicolor.    


There happened to be a wedding in the Rose Garden so I walked over to see the bridal party taking their after-the-ceremony pictures. This is going to be the year-o-weddings for my family... 3 cousins getting married (1 FL, 1 TX, 1 Philippines). I'm thankful for the appreciation of marriage that the Lord has been putting on my heart lately. I'd think it would be easy when single and around wedding stuff to get incredibly discontent and feel negative about weddings and marriage. Thankful that He's taking care of me. Hey - I was even able to watch the bride and groom taking pictures and be okay with it.  It's been fun... looking forward to my cousins' weddings.


The Rose Garden isn't my favorite spot at the Gardens. For some reason roses have never been a favorite flower of mine. I've kind of looked on them like the "snotty, stuck up" variety of flower. But today... they were sooo beautiful - their colors, their petals - soft and clean, the smell!


"Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory of his name." - Psalm 96. 


Had Pei Wei for lunch today and had two fortune cookies. One said that I would travel far and wide. I hope that's true. Mommy and Daddy are going home to the Philippines next week for 2 weeks. Wish I could go too.


The other cookie said to make a budget - which served as a reminder that I needed to work one of my goals for the weekend. I started it and well... have to look at it some more  There are 2 things I need to consider - cancelling my land line (the only people who call it are the sales people from Direct TV, people who call to say I'm doing great paying my mortgage (what mortgage??!!) and University High School saying that my daughter skipped school again (NO... I have no daughter... some girl is getting away with a WHOLE lot!) and if I can rejoin LA Fitness or not (how much can I negotiate with them and how much will I REALLY use it??)


Can't believe the weekend is over. AND...that tomorrow will begin a FULL five-day work week. Will I survive??

0 comments