1/31/2006 10:01:00 AM | 0 comments »







The 1st player of this "game" starts with the topic "6 weird habits/things about yourself" and people who get tagged need to write a xanga entry about their 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a Comment that says "You are tagged" in their xanga and tell them to read yours.


Yeah...don't really know who to "TAG" because I don't even know who has a Xanga or some kind of blog except for you, Cindy (and the people you tagged ) - so WHOEVER (if ANYONE reads this!) wants to do this and if you have a blog...let me know and I'll tag you!


I've always wondered how people know themselves so well to answer questions like this! I had to think about what to write and ended up just observing myself last night before going to bed - so most of my weird habits have to do with my "going to bed" routine!)


1- I hardly ever brush my teeth in the bathroom. I almost always am either lying down on my bed listening to the radio or sitting on the couch watching tv. It seems like a waste of time and energy to just STAND over the sink to do the actual brushing when I could be doing something else.


2 - I have a queen bed and I'm only one person for my big bed. Instead of "flipping" my bed, I usually rotate MYSELF on the bed that way I don't wear out one side of my bed more than the other.  A couple of weeks I sleep on the left side of the bed, a couple of weeks on the right side of the bed, a couple of weeks with my head at the "foot" of the bed sleeping on the left side, a couple of weeks with my head at the "foot" of the bed sleeping on the right side. I figure it's easier than physically flipping the bed AND it keeps me "unattached" to a certain side of the bed for whenever I do get married


3 - Whenever I lock the door before leaving the house, I usually tug on the door knob two times before I head down the stair case - which is probably how the bar lock that was on my door accidentally swung into the locked position and locked me out of my house.


4 - Whenever I come home and lock my car with the car alarm locker I lock it once by the car and usually a 2nd time at the top of the stairs and sometimes even a third time from my house window.


5 - None of the clocks in my house are set to the ACTUAL right time - nor are they set to the same time with each other. The only clock that I have that's correct is my cell phone clock and my car radio clock. I didn't realize how far off time they were until I had guests stay at my house and point it out!


6 - this is a mix of weird and pathetic. I've had a guitar for 3 years and I still don't know how to play it. (don't know if that really fits in this list, but I'm staring at my guitar thinking ... I WILL LEARN TO PLAY GUITAR!!!)


I'm watching "Skating with Celebrities." If Dave Couilier (yes, the Full House guy) can ice skate with Nancy Kerrigan than I should be able to learn guitar in my lifetime!!!! I WILL DO IT!


Here's an observation I made about myself from my reading today...



"As Jesus and his disciples were leaving Jericho, a large crowd followed him. Two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, 'Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!' ... Jesus stopped and called them. 'What do you want me to do for you?' he asked. 'Lord,' they answered, 'we want our sight.' Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him." Matthew 20: 29-34


A couple of things I noticed in this about Jesus and realized about myself in turn.


1 - Jesus stopped and called them: how often do I actually STOP when people call on me for help? How do I show people that I give them attention and care about them?


2 - "What do you want me to do for you?" He asked. : Jesus knows their needs, but he gives them the opportunity to identify it for themselves and ASK Him for it. He doesn't assume and he gives them the opportunity to really see it and call it out for themselves - and hear themselves call on Him. I think God wants for me to do that myself with Him. I call out "Lord, Lord, help me... change me..." but I think sometimes I'm not brave and BROKEN enough to say what.


AND I think sometimes I don't ask people, "What do you want me to do for you?" I don't always give people the opportunity to say what they think they need and I just act on what I think they need - I assume I know. I think there is value in "knowing/seeing people" and being able to identify and meet people's needs without them asking for it; I believe that the Holy Spirit leads and directs us in being able to do this. But, I think if Jesus (who knew their need) took time to ask these men, then I probably should do that more often than I do. If anything, to encourage others to express their need for themselves.  


Mommy and Daddy are home from the Philippines. Glad they are home safe and that they had a good time.


Well...that's all for tonight...
LATER!

0 comments