Filipino Food and Fun

7/15/2007 11:45:00 AM | 0 comments »

It was a fun night tonight.

For a long time I've mentioned a couple of Filipino restaurants in town and have told people that I'd take them to try some Filipino food out.

Well... time's running out. So, I invited a bunch of people to come out for some Filipino Food and Fun!

We went to a restaurant in town, Cafe Mindanao for a monthly special they have -- the Lechon Platter. Roasted pig (lechon), rice, noodles (pancit) and an egg roll (lumpia). There were about 25 of us there -- taking up most of the cozy, little restaurant. If you're wondering what everyone is looking at... there was a TV with TFC (The Filipino Channel) that was showing some soap opera like show with superheroes with wings or something :)
It was so fun for me to see my friends try out some Filipino cuisine -- including my favorite dessert, halo-halo (shaved ice with different toppings and ice cream that you "mix-mix" for a delicious icy treat!)

Afterwards some of us went next door to Broadway Entertainment for 9 holes of Glow-in-the-dark mini golf. FUN :) And you can't have a night of fun without Marble Slab.

It was a fun night. What was most fun for me was seeing good friends and sharing that time with them. God has blessed me with fun friends ... I'm grateful.

0 comments