Friday Fun Day with Ruth

7/28/2007 10:24:00 AM | 1 comments »



I've been spending the last week with Ruth at her house. (OK... mostly in one spot in her house -- on the blue chair in front of the TV!)

It's been such a blessing.

I had originally thought that I'd be able to stay at my house until I was ready to leave town on the 1st. However, my landlord/roommate is making a move back to California and needed to have the house ready for tenants this week. At first I thought it to be an extra, unnecessary move... but I am so thankful for it and God knew I needed it.

Ruth has been such a good friend to me from the time that I came to Orlando. I love her and appreciate her friendship so much. When I came to Wycliffe she had joined the Communications Department just a couple of months before me. It's been a crazy adventure over these years and I'm thankful for the things I've learned through her during it. She has been a huge example to me of stepping out in faith and being obedient to God. The ways I have seen her make herself available to be used by God-- however He chooses -- has been a gift. In the time that we've worked together I have seen her heart and passion for God and His people. She has been one that God has continually used to challenge and encourage me along the way. And she reminds me to have fun :)

Ruth and her Dad have always welcomed me into their home. It's one of my special places in Orlando. So, it's been good to have this week with Ruth and her Dad -- to be at home in their home. We spent the day together today -- watching movies, going out to eat, chatting... just spending time together -- and that means A LOT.

1 comments

  1. Ruth Hubbard // August 16, 2007 at 5:35 AM  

    I have three things to say to you:

    1. God has used you to encourage and challenge and admonish and inspire me so often in these years that I've lost count.

    2. I can't believe you didn't even mention Cootie. Not a highlight, huh?

    3. A friend can be hard to find in the mountains. You're welcome at my fire any time.