Lovely Ladies

7/31/2007 10:23:00 AM | 0 comments »

One of the ways God has blessed me during my time in Orlando has been with a really great home group. Both the one I was most recently a part of ... and the one that I was in 2 years ago. This is our group back then.

In 2005 I joined a home group that was a part of the 20s and 30s ministry, Revolution, that started at my church - Northland. I remember walking into the first home group meeting and looking around at the group of women -- thankful for the opportunity to be a part of a women's small group Bible study again. These women were a part of encouraging and praying me through the process of applying to pursue missionary work. That was two years ago. They have continued to pray, encourage and support me all along the way.


Last week we met all together at our old meeting place -- the Panera at Lake Eola -- and got to catch up and they took time to pray for me. I shared with them that I really do feel like they're going with me. I have such a sense of prayerful support from these women. It means so much.

Sunday I got to have lunch with Renae and Nicole at Crispers. And tonight I got to have dinner with Peggy and Renae -- all from the old home group and sweet friends. I'll miss hanging out --- okay, eating out... because no matter how well-intentioned, we always just ended up doing that :) ... CPK with Jody. A Winter Park something with Sam. SIGH.


I'm thankful for these women. I'm excited for the things that are going on in their lives... new husbands, homes, babies, possibilities for their futures... thankful that at least email will keep me in touch with the things God is doing in their lives. I'll miss being able to catch up face-to-face though.
I'll need to post some fun pics of my more recent home group from our Disney Boardwalk fun night... need to get copies of them first :)

And... just because I love this Panera I'm posting this picture :)











0 comments