Home, Sweet Home

1/31/2009 08:06:00 PM | 0 comments »

My boss, Dawn, and her husband, Nate, were sooo great and picked me up at the horrible time of my flight's arrival.

I don't have an apartment set up yet. (I will go apartment hunting next week. There's already a list started of places to check out thanks to my colleagues!) So, for now I'm staying at the guesthouse of one of Wycliffe's major partner organizations in the country.

Nate and Dawn brought me to my new home. I was so thankful ... Nate brought all my heavy boxes up to me room for me.

It was just a little before 5 when they left. I hadn't intended on unpacking my boxes, but my boxes were wet and I was worried things would get all wet and stinky in there. So, I stayed up and unpacked. I've basically been in my room the whole day today... sleeping, skyping with family, sleeping, blogging. It's a nice and comfy place -- thankfully with AC!!

'
My room (#2)

This is the built-in wardrobe. I unpacked my boxes and stored everyhing in here. The door to the right is the door to the bathroom. I am also thankful that I have a private bathroom. There is a shared bathroom right outside my door. For those of you wondering -- the bathroom is typical of bathrooms in the States -- standard, flushing toilet and shower ... yes, with hot water and great water pressure!


This was waiting for me upon my arrival. A gift basket from my co-workers was such a sweet surprise! Inside is a bunch of bananas, mangoes, SkyFlakes crakers and a bottle of water. It was such a thoughtful gift.

0 comments