Six Months

7/31/2009 03:40:00 PM | 0 comments »

July 31, 2009

Today marks my having lived in the Philippines for SIX MONTHS.

So often it feels more like 6 days.
Sometimes -- 6 weeks.
But it definitely doesn't feel like it's been 6 months.

When I was preparing to come to Manila, I think I had set up some mental expectations for the way my life would look 6 months after moving.

Unmet expectations yet again.
I think I'm okay with that -- in some regards.

I look back over the past six months. The things that I have struggled through. The people I've missed. The things I've hopefully learned. The things I'm still struggling with. The things I've experienced. The places I've gotten to visit. The people I've gotten to meet. The people who have helped all along the way.

God has been Gracious. Faithful. Patient. GOOD.

0 comments