A Year Later...

2/13/2010 08:37:00 PM | 0 comments »

What I dreamed of then...
20090213

And, how God has provided...
















I was just thinking back to "this time last year" and looking at one of my photo albums on Flickr. The photo on top was taken 2/13/09 ... and the bottom was taken today.

2/13/09...
I had been in the Philippines for just about two weeks. I was getting acquainted with my colleagues. I was looking ANXIOUSLY for a place to live. And, I was getting ready to head out on my first trip in the Area.

A lot was happening. Everything seemed to be going incredibly fast... and incredibly slow all at the same time. Things at work were moving at warp speed. It felt like that to me anyway. But, moving sooo slowly was my search for a home. I wanted so badly to find "my place" and to start settling in and make Manila home. It felt like things couldn't move any slower in that area.

I can't even remember how many units I saw. Pretty much every building in walking distance to the office -- I visited. This unit was one of the units that I thought -- ah... now this is something I'd like. Unfortunately, it was way over budget. Eventually... I found the unit that today I call home.

2/13/10...
Spent the day resting and relaxing after a busy week. I've been preparing for some upcoming trips over the next couple of months. I'll be busy over the next few weeks visiting with my parents during their stay here in Manila. YAY!!!!

I've been thinking this past week about the HOPE that God has been giving me lately.

I've been here a year. I can't honestly say that I've not had my doubts about being here over the last 365+ days. I've had many days of doubt. Especially after my trip in December, returning was incredibly hard.

But each time I have feelings of doubt, God continues to remind me of what's TRUE.
And, what's TRUE is this...

  • He has called me to this place and to this work.
  • He has blessed me to be a blessing.
  • He has NOT called me to a life of ease and comfort where everything is sunshine and roses.
  • He has called me to a life of knowing Him, trusting Him, believing Him, loving Him ... and obedience to Him.
  • He DOES promise that He is with me and that He is my HOPE, PEACE, JOY and EVERYTHING.
  • With faithfulness, obedience and trust is great reward and joy.
And, looking back over this past year I see that God has provided over and over again in His own sometimes surprising, sometimes unexpected, sometimes confusing, ... but always GOOD, FAITHFUL and GRACIOUS ways.

I look around my home and think... wow! God provided me with a great place to live.
I think about nights that I've shared with friends here and think, wow... God has provided some really great people who bless me in my life. Here, and around the world.
I look out my window out over Ortigas Center and think -- this is a great area to be in!
I think about places I've gone and work I've done in this year and I think -- yes! There is great reward! I've learned much. I've been challenged through much. I've been enriched through so many.

So... a year later.
Continuing to trust ... with each step.

0 comments