My new hobby...

2/21/2010 08:10:00 PM | 0 comments »

book collecting.

Okay, it's not really "book collecting" like real collectors who find valuable, rare editions. My book collecting is more like treasure hunting. Okay, scouring through sales piles at bookstores for books that I've read and enjoyed before or ones I think I'll enjoy... for REALLY, REALLY good prices.

I used to not really read on planes. They play movies! Why read when I can watch a movie?! Well, with the travel I've done this year I found myself less and less interested in watching the on-board entertainment. And, I found myself buying last minute airport purchases of paperbacks. While it gave me something to do on a travel day ... as you can expect, buying a book at the airport -- no matter what airport it is -- isn't exactly the cheapest place to buy a book.

So, I've started to keep my eyes open for "travel day" books when I'm out and about.

This weekend I found some great buys! Yesterday a friend introduced me to 99 peso pile at National Book Store. I found some books by authors I've enjoyed in the past. Yay!

And today, while running some errands I walked past a sale of books. And there I found wonderful treasures... 2 volumes of the "Anne" series... for 29 pesos each!!

I leave tomorrow on a trip -- no airport book shopping for me!!


*Have any recommendations for books to hunt down? What books do you think should be on everyone's "must read" list? Any books or authors that you really enjoy?

0 comments