Hooked Up!

8/04/2009 05:30:00 PM | 0 comments »

















It's like a dream...finally I have internet in my apartment!

It feels so good to have a secure connection that's mine -- and not my neighbors. :)

It felt like it would never happen (... ok, maybe I'm being a tad bit over dramatic.) But if you realized all that had to happen to get to this point, you'd understand why I feel this way. Maybe. Heheh.

Yesterday I felt like giving up on the idea of ever getting it set up.

On Sunday I went into the store and asked for a status of the installation of my DSL. A couple of weeks ago I called the phone company and was told at that time that my application had been approved and they just needed to send someone out to install it. I gave my cell number -- but I still hadn't heard from anyone. So, the Customer Service guy was kind and scheduled it for the morning of Tuesday, August 4th. Yay! I was so excited to have a date set for it to happen.

Monday evening after work I took a look at my cell and saw that I missed a text from the technician asking if he could install -- today... Monday...
Unfortunately, it was too late and I missed it.

I hoped that it was still on the schedule for Tuesday and stayed home as planned to be there for when they arrived to do the install. 9 AM... 10 AM ... 11 AM ... Noon. Nothing. So I called the company again to check if they were still coming. I was told that since I missed the call the day before, it needed to be rescheduled and they couldn't commit to them still coming out on that day.

SIGH.

Ate Precy was over and after I hung up the phone I turned to her and asked her... "What am I doing wrong?"
She smiled.

We sat down and had lunch together and I was pretty much resigned to the fact that internet was not getting set up today.

Midway through lunch the phone rang and ... [choir of angel singing] technician was on his way!

By 2:30 PM DSL was installed AND the wireless network was set up.

Woo-hoo!!!!!
Lesson for the day...
"Never give up hope!"
Hehehe. Oh how the little day-to-day things of life are teaching me much needed lessons!

0 comments