Beating Out Blockbuster

5/08/2008 11:15:00 PM | 1 comments »



This is going to be the month of movies.

The other day I walked into Blockbuster with two new releases in my hands. The friendly Blockbuster guy asked if I was interested in signing up for their movie pass (for about $30 I can take out two movies at a time -- unlimited for a month).

I asked if I could sign up for just a month and quit. Another friendly Blockbuster guy said "Yes" and he would even cancel it for me when it was time. (Yeah, we'll see about that.) Since I already had the two movies in hand and knew that I'd want to rent again this month I said "Sure." In my mind I had it planned... I'm going to beat out Blockbuster. So for this month I plan to rent as many movies as I can. Hahahahah!!

What makes this plan work is two things. One - we literally live right up the hill from the Blockbuster in town. And, two - since we're just back from the hospital after being "gone" for over a month, I'm doing a lot of projects at home. Cleaning, organizing files, laundry, etc. It's the perfect time for May Month of Movies!

So far this week I've rented...

  • Dan in Real Life
  • 27 Dresses
  • Jane Austen Book Club
  • The Savages
  • Lars and the Real Girl
  • I am Legend
  • Spiderman 3
  • Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?
  • Year of the Dog
  • Over Her Dead Body
  • Saawariya - (LOVED it!)
  • Sydney White
  • Hairspray
  • The Spice Mistress - (bleh)
  • P.S. I Love You
  • Resurrecting the Champ

Any movies you'd recommend renting??

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // May 12, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

    Becoming Jane! If you haven't seen that, it is awesome. Also I heard Juno is good.