We brought my mom to the doctor yesterday to review her recent test results and discuss the course of follow-up treatment. While we're still waiting for confirmation from the doctor, it looks like we can anticipate going to the hospital for one week at a time for the next 4 months or so.

In a way I'm relieved... to know what will happen next and to know that more can be done to make sure the leukemia stays away.

It's also a little bit exhausting to think about. The constant prepping to go to the hospital and coming back, trips to the doctors office, careful watch and care at home during recovery times, and then back to the hospital again.

Thinking about the next 4 months or so it seems like it's just going to go by in a whirl.

As my friend had shared with me... learning to living with cancer.

Pray that I'd be intentional about "living life" during this time - keeping up with phone calls, email, work, spending time in the Word, resting, having "me" time, etc. Pray for wisdom for me in determining plans for my work with Wycliffe. Pray for my mom and what this cycle means for her physically, emotionally and psychologically.

It was a nice day out today. Took a quick walk with my parents after dinner. Nice, quiet, restful moments... thank you, Lord!

0 comments