1 - as much as I THOUGHT I was pretty good at learning and using names, I really have to improve in this area!

Being in the hospital there are at least 4 different individuals each day who work specifically with my mom. I'm not doing well this week at remembering and using each of their names... HORRIBLE!!!!

2 - I really do enjoy American Idol.

This was the first season that I watched American Idol. I liked it! So much so that I downloaded some songs from iTunes and yes, I even voted a couple of times during the season!

3 - I tend to over-prepare for things sometimes and end up doing things unnecessarily.

Today, I noticed our new neighbor came in and switched on the TV and started watching TV.
"Hmmmm..." I thought to myself. "How are they watching? They didn't call to subscribe."
So later on I turned on TV and hit the "Basic Channels" button on the menu. And... what??? There were all these channels coming in crystal clear.

Last time my mom was in the hospital the TV in the room required an $8/day subscription to get even basic network TV channels. So, in preparation for this week's stay, I packed up our little travel TV and DVD player. When we arrived I set it all up and maneuvered the antenna to get FOX in clearly.
UNNECESSARY. I didn't need to do it. Oh to learn the balance.

4 - I miss work.

I left Orlando last July. Since then my work assignment has been preparing to go overseas -- training and developing a ministry team. Since the end of March -- I've not really done too much of those things either. I've mostly been focusing on caring for my mother. (Which has been a HUUUUGGGEEE blessing!!) But, I've been feeling it lately... I miss being involved in the work of Bible translation. Please continue to pray for me during this time -- for God's wisdom, discernment and timing as to what my next steps are in regards to my work. And, for patience and trust.

5 - I think Jack Black is funny.

For those of you who didn't see... they did a fun segment on American Idol with Gladys Knight and the "Pips" (Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Robert Downey, Jr. -- they're in a movie together this summer). Jack Black just makes me laugh :)

6 - My parents surprise me sometimes.

Like tonight... my dad and his brother (visiting from the Philippines) are going to watch the midnight showing of Indiana Jones. My dad... the man who usually naps during Wheel of Fortune or some prime time TV show!
And my mom... while I was trying to spit out the name of the person on the American Idol, she beat me to it. What's surprising is that the guy was... Jack Black! I didn't even know she knew him. Hee-hee!
It's been fun seeing in my parents little, fun, random, sweet surprises like these.

1 comments

  1. Heather // May 26, 2008 at 1:17 AM  

    We like Jack Black, too. We went to the Tonight Show in LA and saw him. He pulled out a keyboard and played this funny song that he wrote for his new baby. He's so silly :)

    Oh, and Clay Aikin was on the show, too.