Oh the Possibilities...

6/18/2008 09:38:00 AM | 0 comments »

When I finally decided upon a work assignment that I wanted to pursue within the Bible translation movement, I was pretty sure... this is it, this is the work I'll be doing.

But here I am hundreds of miles away from that job location, looking into other possibilities. With my mom continuing treatment, I really want to be here with my family during this time. Meaning, I have to think about, "God, what would you have me do here and now."

I'm working with my personnel administrator and the Director of Communications for Wycliffe International on a possible short term assignment -- helping coordinate a web site project. I'm looking forward to interacting with coworkers again and working together on developing something of impact. Yay!

I have some questions about the open position and we would then need to set up some expectations for my work schedule and all that. But, I'm thankful for this possibility!

I'm also excited that I may have some opportunities to share with people about Wycliffe and be part of them exploring how they might be a part of Bible translation.

Wycliffe holds a day-long event, "Explore Wycliffe," during which participants learn about Bible translation, Wycliffe and possibilities for personal involvement. I'm excited that I might be able to participate in this event being held in Philadelphia this fall!

I enjoy being able to be a part of the process of people's growing awareness of this HUGE need. I enjoy even more seeing the process of God working on the hearts He's calling to take part in meeting the need.

At different times when I was exploring ways I could be involved I had thought..."What about helping recruit for this ministry?" -- hmm... who knew that I'd get this chance to help out with that!

The past couple of months have been filled with confusion and conflict. I have had doubts. I have struggled with fear. I have wrestled with questions that seemingly still have no answers.

But... I continue to be reminded that God is in control. He has a plan. And He -- who He is ... and all His works ... are GOOD. AND, He DOES work all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His name.

He has given me this precious time to be with my family. He has allowed me to see and experience Him in new ways during this time. He has met me with patience and grace.
And with Him, possibilities are endless and beyond my imagination and comprehension...

0 comments