BACK UP!!!

6/23/2008 05:31:00 AM | 0 comments »

When you have a back up hard drive and back up software, it's a good idea to actually BACK UP your computer. Unfortunately, I've not done that in a really long time.


What makes it really unfortunate is that when I pressed the button to power up my laptop... NOTHING. I get a message saying that Windows failed to launch and while it tries to start up in "Repair" Mode... NOTHING. I get a completely black screen -- although my mouse does work.


I called the friendly Toshiba tech support guy and he thinks it's a corrupted Operating System and that I'll need to run the recovery disks.


I'm HOPING HOPING HOPING that I can bring my laptop to some computer genius who can recover all my information before running the disks and rebuilding the computer. HOPING.


It feels like this couldn't have come at a worse time. Tomorrow my mom will be admitted to the hospital for her week long treatment. I usually stay the week with her during her stays so running back and forth from the computer repair shop may get complicated.

What also stinks is that I was going to spend time this week starting to familiarize myself with a work project that I'll be doing. After taking a break from work, I was (still am) excited to finally get involved in a work project. That may be a tad difficult to do without a computer.


We'll see how this goes! URGH. I'm fighting discouragement.

0 comments