A Few of My Favorites,,,

7/19/2008 05:44:00 AM | 1 comments »

I've been thinking in the last few days that there are a lot of things that I really enjoy -- things that make things easier for me, things that make me smile, things that I just really, really like. These are a few of my favorites. Nothing deep, nothing truly meaningful... just things I've been enjoying lately.


V8 Fusion: Available in a variety of yummy flavors, a serving of V8 Fusion gives you one serving of fruits and vegetables. I really like the Pomegranate Blueberry flavor and the Peach Mango one. It's pretty high in sugar so I usually dilute it in water and lots of ice.


In addition to getting my daily nutritional value of fruits and veggies from a bottle, there's always eating the real thing...



Fresh Fruits and Vegetables:
I realize that I hardly ever bought fruits and vegetables when I lived alone. I tended to not eat them all in time and wasted a lot. It's been nice being with my family and loading up on lots of yummy fresh fruits and veggies. This summer I've been especially enjoying cantaloupes, cherries and crunchy gala apples.

Now, don't get me wrong... I also love junk food a lot too. A good cup of ice cream, anything with cool whip (which -- do you know they now sell it in a can??), chips, chocolate and this...


Rita's Water Ice - Gelati: One of my favorite summertime treats. I can't believe that I've only had it twice since I've been back in PA. My preferred Gelati is mango water ice with vanilla gelati OR cherry water ice with vanilla gelati. If you've not been to Rita's before... GO AND ENJOY!!

When I lived in Florida they didn't have too many Rita's around there. But, they've been spreading and there are a bunch that have popped up in the Sunshine State. Find a Rita's near you!

The Library: The library I go to is in a nearby town, Langhorne. In the last several months they have made some major renovations to this branch. I can borrow movies, books and CDs all with my little key tag library card. They have even outfitted the checkout desk with a "self-checkout" computer. Nice.
During my latest trip there I picked up an Alfred Hitchcock movie, X-Men 2, and some books by Henri Nouwen, Nicholas Sparks, Jane Austen and one book about the translated English Bible.

For my friends who live in Orange County, Florida... did you know that you can check out library materials online and have them deliver it to your home? That is a library service I miss.


Burt's Bees lip products: I always make sure I have a Burt's Bees Lip Balm on me. I love the way it leaves my lips nice and refreshingly cool and smooth.





Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Daily Exfoliating Gel Cleanser: This is a new find. One of my favorite things in the day is brushing my teeth. I love the way cool, minty toothpaste makes me feel so clean and freshened up.
This face wash basically makes my face feel the way toothpaste makes me teeth feel. It has these tiny little exfoliating scrubbers that makes me feel like my face is getting a good deep cleaning. And, it leaves my face feel tingly cool when I'm all done. So far, I love it.


Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Mop: I tried out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge when I was moving out of my apartment a couple of years ago. The ads boast about how it erases marks from walls and all kinds of surfaces. So, I tried it -- and it worked. They now have the Magic Eraser Mo p. I usually have cleaned floors with a bucket and rags while on my hands and knees. This has been a nice, quick, and easy way for me to clean the floor.





iTunes, Pandora Radio, iPod: Did you ever make "Mixed Tapes?" I loved making mix tapes. I remember keeping a cassette tape in my radio in hopes that I'd catch the song I've been wanting to record. I remember laboring over making my mixed tapes. Thinking of the perfect songs, trying hard to cue up the songs perfectly on the cassette deck and hoping that there'd be enough space on the tape to fit in that last song.

Oh how those days are long gone.

With iTunes I can create all kinds of "mixed tapes." With a couple of drags and clicks, I could create a handful of playlists in minutes with perfectly timed fade ins and fade outs. If I wanted a particular song for my "mixed tape" there is no need to wait and record anymore. I can find it online and purchase that ONE song if I wanted.

Back in the day if I wanted to bring along a few "mixed tapes" I'd end up dragging along a zippered cassette tape holder with the tapes all snug in their plastic cases. Now, I can download a number of playlists on my iPod -- pretty much a number of "mixed tapes" all in the palm of my hand.


Google Reader: There are a lot of blogs that I like to follow. By using Google Reader I can put all them in one convenient place and it tells me when someone has posted something new.


No more clicking on site after site and being disappointed when there's nothing new to read.


Facebook: Okay, yes Facebook can easily become an addiction... but, I think I have managed well. I think I have. It's been a fun online tool to reconnect with friends and get glimpses into their lives through photos, status updates and notes on things that are going on with them. Sometimes though i think it has made me a lazy communicator... but, I enjoy it.

Okay, I could end up going on and on and on and on... there are lots of things I enjoy I guess!!

1 comments

  1. Daysi // July 22, 2008 at 3:16 AM  

    Your favorite things list made me smile. You are such an awesome written communicator.

    I am going to have to try some of these things......

    Love and Blessings,

    Daysi