Well, after my computer crashed I've finally gotten it back and I'm back up ... and slowly getting things back in shape. I'm in "crawl" mode right now.

Unfortunately, the computer folks were unable to retrieve anything from my hard drive (without me shelling out a whole lot of money to do it!). So I'm piecing my life back to together again. I'm trying to find whatever digital files I may have on random thumb drives, in my personal email account and on my external hard drive (that I obviously didn't use to its full capacity!!)

I pretty easily let this discourage me. I immediately had the feeling of "Why me??" I was upset at myself, upset at my computer and the entire technology industry ... and began to feel like everything in my life is UNFAIR.

But then perspective set in...
I lost computer files. That's it.
I lost some records of people who partner with me in ministry. I haven't lost those partners. I lost emails from friends with words of encouragement and affirmation. I haven't lost those friends... or the truths they have imparted to my mind and heart. I have lost a few photos from the last couple of months -- during my mom's leukemia journey. I haven't lost the memories, the lessons or the moments that we've been sharing together.

As I look around my circle of friends and think about the many struggles so many are facing, I begin to think... "Why, God?" "It's not fair..."

I was running those words through my mind the other night as I tried to fall asleep and the words that came to mind were these...
... you have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. (Ephesians 1:3)

Oh to have a greater perspective... to recognize the fullness of just being His and the trustworthiness of Him who has me.

0 comments