A New Work Assignment

7/14/2008 03:24:00 AM | | 0 comments »

At the end of March I was given the opportunity to step back from my work responsibilities to help my family during my mom's treatment for leukemia. These past few months have been a blessing to me - to be able to be with my family and help during this time.


My mom's treatment continues and I've asked my supervisor if I can stay in Newtown, PA to continue to help my parents. Based on her current treatment and recovery, and our day-to-day schedule, I think it's a good time for me to resume work with Wycliffe. I've asked if I could take on a new work assignment while I am at home. I am grateful that there is a need in the organization that I can meet from right here in Newtown, PA!

I will be working with Wycliffe International as a Web Project Coordinator. The Communications Team of Wycliffe International has been working on the development of two new web sites and has been in need of someone to help coordinate the efforts of the web team to bring these sites to completion.

The web team is comprised of about 7 people who are based in different locations around the world. Working with a completely "virtual" team will be a new and challenging experience for me! I will still be serving Monsoon and the Asia Pacific Area in this role! The resource of these international web sites will be serving the Bible translation movement in this area - and the other areas of the world as well.

Unfortunately, my computer recently crashed due to a defective hard drive. None of my files from my computer could be recovered. So, I'm having to rebuild my files one tiny bit at a time - salvaging what I can from miscellaneous emails and back up files that I have.

While it may take me a little time to be able to get started in my new assignment, I'm looking forward to joining this team and contributing in the ways that I can!
  • Pray for patience as I get things up and running again on my computer.
  • Pray that I would quickly get things in motion so that I can actively and effectively take on this new role.
  • Pray that I would have great capacity to understand different aspects related to this project, have vision for what's being developed and the ability to communicate and work well with this ENTIRELY VIRTUAL team.
  • Pray that I would be able to contribute much to this team.

0 comments