This is what I love...

7/03/2008 10:23:00 AM | 0 comments »

the art of great story telling.

I have been enjoying watching So You Think You Can Dance and have found myself at times literally heart-ached or joy-filled watching these stories told in such amazing ways through dance. The stories are told so effectively that they pull emotions right out of me!

Whether the story is told through a dance, a photograph, a painting, film or words... the creative ability to not just unfold a story, but invite and draw others so powerfully into it, is just an amazing thing to me. I appreciate so much the gift that people have to do that... and the courage and generosity to use that gift to share it with others.

In watching these stories being told in dance, I'm reminded of joy that I have in being a part of telling the Bible translation story. I'm reminded of the creative struggle involved in finding the perfect words and the great image. And I'm reminded of the oh-so-cool feeling you experience when you see someone connect with the story that you get to help invite them into. Cool. Can't believe that I get to do what I get to do! :)

Well, here are some of my favorite dances from the show so far (tonight not included).

No Air
Choreographed by Napoleon and Tabitha
Performed by Katee and Joshua



Bleeding Love
Choreographed by Napoleon and Tabitha
Performed by Chelsie and Mark



Beautiful
Choreographed by Mia Michaels
Performed by Chelsie and Mark

0 comments