So far, so good.

2/10/2009 10:17:00 PM | 1 comments »

I guess, they're letting me stay for a while. I got the name plate on my desk yesterday. That's a good sign. (Hehehe!!)

Since I've arrived, I've made it a point to come into the office daily. But, I wouldn't say that I've truly started working yet. I've been taking time each day to take care of things like open my bank account, look for apartments, and reply to long overdue emails. I've also been taking time to do some self-exploration.

While I've worked with Wycliffe in the U.S. for a number of years, I feel like I have so much to learn about this area of the world. So, I've been doing a little research and just gathering bits of information that might help me become more familiar with this area.

I am so excited to be a part of the team here and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming year.

My first day in the office the Monsoon team (Wycliffe Asia Pacific's communications team) had their regular meeting. It was energizing hearing what is ahead for the next few months.
Here's a little snippit of what's to come...

February 14-15: Monsoon Planning Retreat
Our team will go on a little getaway to spend some time in prayer, reflection and planning. We'll get to look at Monsoon's strategic plans, our own job descriptions and identify what our key activities need to be in this upcoming year. Woo-hoo!!

February 22-26: Travel to attend area meetings
This time will be a great opportunity for me to get familiar with some faces and names of people working in this area and hear about what is happening in this part of the world. I think this is going to be a great opportunity for me to listen and learn!! (Pray I can pay attention, stay alert and soak up all that I can during this time!)

March 31-April 3: Learning that Lasts
I took this training before, but it will be great to see if the Asian context / culture gives new perspective to the concepts and ideas in this course. I found this to be great training on how to develop more participant-focused learning opportunities. Rather than building training sessions based entirely on what the leader knows, this shifts focus on the participant and learning together.

April: Monsoon Communications Workshop
Two years ago I traveled to Asia to attend the first Communications Workshop hosted by Monsoon. This year the workshop will take place here and I'm glad for the opportunity to help participate in the planning and in the workshop this time.

And that's just some of the stuff that will be taking place in 2009! All of it is so exciting, while also being a bit overwhelming. Thinking about the numerous opportunities our team has to serve those working in this area... and the limited time and people we have can feel a bit overwhelming. But... what a great feeling to be a part of this!!! It's been wonderful to be working again with people who are passionate and excited about this work. I'm so glad to be here.

1 comments

  1. TimG // February 16, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

    it's fun "catching up" with you via you updates, plus it was good to chat with you yesterday on Northland web worship.