Back In Manila!

2/28/2009 11:41:00 PM | 0 comments »

I left for a quick trip last Sunday. I finally arrived back home Friday afternoon.

I was pleasantly surprised that I was looking forward to going home and that home was indeed Manila. I'm not sure if that feeling means I've adjusted to life here and that it's become home already -- or, if it just means that it was a long week away. Hee-hee.

I went to Bangkok for meetings. I am really thankful that I had a chance to go. It was a wonderful time to just listen and learn whatever I could. I'm not sure yet how much sunk in, but I'm hopeful I learned at least a few things about what's happening in this part of the world so that I can better contribute in my role here! At the very least I got to meet some pretty incredible people and see others I had met in the past several years. I'm inspired and challenged by the commitment and passion of so many here.

I spent pretty much most of week in meeting rooms. I basically went from my housing to the meeting location, to a local restaurant for dinner and back to my housing each day. I unfortunately didn't see much of the city. (I wonder if this is the way my future trips will be?!)

I decided to leave for the meetings early one morning so that I could take a few photos along the way. I was able to snap a few also during the lunch time break. (It was good for me to take some time to take some photos. I'm continuing to find that taking walks with my camera is incredibly relaxing for me.)

More updates to come -- I found a place to live!!!

0 comments