Where to begin?

9/30/2009 11:04:00 PM | 0 comments »

For the last week I have been in Antique, Philippines.

During this week we celebrated with people from all over the world, the launching of the New Testament in the Kinaray-a language. We met so many people who so generously gave of themselves to share with us their stories of God at work in their lives. The week was filled with awesome experiences.
So much to share. So much to process.

The day that we gathered and joyously celebrated and gave thanks for the New Testament in the Kinaray-a language, rains were falling over Manila.

Flooding came quickly and was disastrous.

That night, I received a text from my cousin's wife asking for prayer for my cousin. He was stranded in flood waters overnight -- on the roof of his car.
We learned that homes of my friends and family were flooded -- some up to 5 ft. high -- forcing people to the second floor of their homes. Many left without food and drinking water.

It was an incredible JOY being in Antique and being able to be a witness to the lives of faithfulness and love for the Lord. But at the same time while were there, I felt sadness and concern.

It was easy to not fully realize the gravity of the situation back here in Manila. Now that I'm back, I'm starting to learn more about what's been going on with friends and family. But even still, I know that I don't really get how bad it is.

Soooooo much to process.

0 comments