ANTIQUE DAY SEVEN:

9/30/2009 11:15:00 PM | 0 comments »

Goodbyes.

Early morning on the beach. Camp Agape. Translation team devotions. Fun on the beach. Last of the interviews. Head home to Manila.

Okay, I've done pretty well at keeping these two singular moments for each day. But, for this day I will deviate from my pattern and will share two...okay three. But they will be short, I promise. :)

Standout moment(s) from the day...

My morning with my camera.

All throughout this week I've enjoyed the moments I've been able be behind my camera. I find myself talking to the Lord asking that He give me the ability to see moments and emotions to share with others in photos I take. I've loved being able to do that this week.

This morning we went out to the beach where the fishing boats were getting prepared to go out. There was something about standing in the rushing water with my camera taking notice of these little moments in the lives of the people there. People lining the shore -- men and women working incredibly hard. Others getting a more relaxed start to their day. Tousled hair guy drinking his morning cup of coffee while watching the young guys carry in the night's catch. Two sisters playing in the water - splashing each other in the face. Three kids making little sand pies.

I know that these are just tiny,tiny moments in their lives. Insignificant to them probably. But to me, it was incredibly joy-filled.

Devotions.
The translation team gathers together for devotions at 8 in the morning. They let us join them so we could take some photos and video of their time together.

I enjoyed seeing them gather together in this way. The team of four who have led a lot of the efforts in translating the scriptures and getting them to the people in Antique -- gathered in prayer, sharing and singing. As I watched and listened to them sing together hymns in Kinaray-a, I thought about the group, the weekend they just had... and thought what a bittersweet moment.

Here after 7 years of working together, they have reached an exciting milestone. Work will continue in this community ... now the Kinaray-a HAVE the New Testament ... in a way it's just beginning. But, what does God have planned for these individuals? I overheard one of them praying -- praying for what's next for each one. I have to believe that God has some pretty equally great things ahead for them as they walk with Him in faith and obedience as they have been.


I love the beach.
Have I mentioned how much I love being out in God's creation? If you've missed that... I love it ... I crave it.

The last thing that had to be done at Camp Agape before heading out was getting some final statements from Ate Bea (lead translator and consultant). The video crew took Ate Bea out to the beach (just a short walk from the camp!). I couldn't resist. I let them do what needed to be done... and I went and played in the water. I couldn't REALLY, REALLY play since we were going to board a plane a few hours later. But, I got to pick up more stones, get the sand in between my toes, soak up the sun, and splash around in the water a little.

I loved it. It was nice to just end a long, activity-packed week with a little fun. [BIG SMILE!]

0 comments