Charlotte, NC (May 23-25)

5/25/2009 10:00:00 PM | 0 comments »


The Walters Crew

Oh what fun it was to have even just a short amount of time to visit with the Walters family. Emily, Marshall and I all used to live in Orlando. They are good friends of mine. Now, the Walters live in Charlotte with their new baby boy - Alexander.

It was so fun to just be with them - to see them, hear their stories, see their new home, see them as parents, laugh, and just sit and talk.

I was reminded of that first year when we met. Emily, Sarahjoy and I would meet for Bible study and during that time they prayed with and for me as I wrestled with the idea of possibly doing this work and going overseas. And now... here I am in Manila.

So many people have been a part of this journey with me. Offering me advice, praying with me, encouraging me, helping me take risks, and on and on and on...

Oh, the sweet, sweet gift and blessing of prayerful, supportive friends.

0 comments