Chicago, IL (May 25-28)

5/29/2009 11:50:00 PM | 0 comments »



Chicago has easily become tops on my list of "Cities I'd Like to Live In."
I had some free time to explore the city before the workshop I was scheduled to attend. It was really only the second time in the windy city so I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity while I had it.

As a tourist I've found the city to be easy to navigate. And since I am incredibly directionally challenged, so I loooovvvveeee THAT.

I visited the Navy Pier, Millenium Park, Art Institute, and walked along the theater district.

I loved Millenium Park. I spent pretty much the whole day in the park -- mostly in the Lurie Gardens. Actually, I was there so long that the security guard walked by as I was eating my lunch and said, "You're still here. You telling me you haven't left yet? It's been about three hours already." Ha. Yup. And after he left me I stayed longer still.

I enjoy time to myself. I enjoy exploring and doing things on my own. It doesn't really bother me. I was able to find plenty in Chicago to keep me busy -- without having to spend tons of money. There is so much to do there.

But, I'd have to say, it's a city probably much more enjoyable with a friend or two.

I love Chicago.

Thanks, Kuya for hooking me up with a great place to stay!!!

0 comments