It is good ... soo good to be home.

I arrived in Manila a little after 2 pm yesterday.
When I got back to my apartment I quickly unpacked (yes, I always unpack immediately upon getting home...), cleaned my kitchen (I evidently forgot to take out the kitchen trash before I left -- and my apartment smelled like it) -- and then stayed in bed until this afternoon.

I ended my week at WWSE -- sick. Unfortunately, I started to not feel too well on Thursday evening. I ended up spending the night in the bathroom. I decided to not attend the meetings on Friday and slept pretty much the entire day.

Thankfully, I was already starting to feel better as we journeyed 2 hours by bus to the airport... and then another 4 in the plane. But boy, was I ready to be home!

I am now feeling much better. Back to normal... I think.

Because I've not been feeling well, I haven't done much processing of the week.
I still need to do that.
But a quick thought...

I AM BLESSED.

Blessed...

  • by my roommates from this past week who loved on me with their words of encouragement, their prayers, and their feeding me when I was sick.
  • by friends here and far away who care about how I'm doing, check in on me, and help me in so many ways.
  • with partners in ministry who have made every experience I've had a possibility.
  • to have God's Word to turn to at all times.
  • to have had a free hour to run around the town during the conference to take photos!
  • to have had some time to rest and get better.
  • to have a home that is safe, clean, and undamaged to return to...

0 comments