WWSE Day 2:

10/05/2009 06:05:00 PM | 0 comments »

Today was a long day.

The first day of meetings. Very encouraging things.
One thing I'm excited about for the week is the assigned small group I'm in.
I am assigned to Small Group #2. Around our table are hearing and Deaf individuals from all over the world. We have sign language interpreters for Costa Rican Sign Language, Korean, Japanese and American Sign Language. Cool. I'm enjoying learning from and with this group.

I know that throughout this day there were a lot of good things discussed and many things to consider. BUT, all things today were blurred by the news I got during one of the morning sessions.

One of my friends is here at the conference. She told me yesterday that she wanted to talk to me. Today she told me -- a mutual friend of ours is home, in the hospital, sick with cancer -- it's serious and far along. SIGH.

Sometimes I just don't understand. And you know what? I really, really hate cancer. Is it okay for me to say that?

Yes, I know that God uses all things together for good. Yes, I know that God is sovereign. I just don't understand.

But, I guess that's the thing. I can't understand everything. I won't ever.
But, I can focus on understanding God's goodness, His faithfulness, His care, His provision, His everything... and rest on that.

Praying.
Hoping.
Believing.

0 comments