Prep Work

10/11/2009 06:45:00 PM | 0 comments »


These pictures were taken on the day we left for the WWSE.
The day our flight took off was the day the 2nd typhoon was expected in the area.
The taxi ride from home to the airport was evidence of the dreaded anticipation of the storm's arrival.

These iron grids are usually covered with huge billboards.
When storms are expected they're taken down.
The whole route long very few (if any??) billboards were seen.

While I was away I lost track of what storms came, which ones passed, and where storms actually hit.
I'm living in Manila... and I lost track.

Coming back to Manila and watching some of the local programming I am reminded... the storm's destruction is still very real. People are still putting their lives back together. There are still areas flooded. There are still people in need of food, clothing and shelter. Whole areas have been destroyed and will need to be rebuilt.

I'm living in Manila... Lord, help me to not lose track.

0 comments