All the Single Ladies...

10/01/2009 10:11:00 AM | 0 comments »

This is another favorite face in Antique.

During my last trip to Antique, Ann and I visited with Pastor and Mrs. Cabaya in their home. With them was Ate Emma.

This woman is so incredibly warm and sweet spirited. During our visit she walked us all the way to the main street in the hot, hot, hot heat so she could shade us with her umbrella. There is something about her that makes me happy. She is full of His JOY.

I was so happy when I saw her again at the dedication and also at church on Sunday. Her smile is sooo filled with love and joy -- it's awesome.

I was flipping through photos on my camera and showed a photo I took of her to Mrs. Alentajan (Pastor Larry's wife). She mentioned that she's always been a single lady.

Ah. A kindred spirit then :) hehehe.

But seriously. I struggle with being single. There -- it's out... the truth.

Yes, I choose to be content. (I try to anyway.)
Yes, I choose to live my life fully without reservation NOW. (I try to anyway.)
Yes, I know God's plan, provision and timing is all perfect. (Although I often have to remind myself of it.)
And yes, I do want to be married and have a family. I leave that to the Lord. (At times I wrestle to let it go, but I try to leave it with Him.)

If it turns out I'm "always a single lady" -- I hope I'm like her. Full of JOY and LOVE -- giving of myself with warmth, a sweet spirit and generosity.

0 comments