I came home Wednesday night.
I unpacked my Antique stuff, did some laundry, and...packed up my bags again.

In a few hours I'll leave to meet some colleagues at their house and we'll catch a taxi together to head over to the airport to catch our flight out.

I think the hardest thing about my job is the exact same thing I love about my job... the travel.

I love visiting new places. I love meeting people from all over. I love being able to have new experiences. I love getting new glimpses of God from other perspectives and new experiences.

What is hard about it... is leaving. Leaving this place and that. And especially constantly leaving Manila. It's like I'm constantly pressing the "pause" button on life here. Relationships. Church. Community.

I think I feel it most significantly this time around. Flooding happened while I was AWAY in Antique. I came back for just two days. And I'm taking off again. I have this desire to be HERE with people to go through this WITH them -- even if it is being with them waiting for the next storm.

But, I'm boarding a plane this afternoon. And I will remember a word of encouragement from one of our ICC leaders...
"This, today, is where God wants me."

And I'll continue to pray for wisdom to know how to invest well in the relationships, people, places, etc. in this life I live.

So... off to get ready and go! See you on the other side :)

0 comments