GONE!

10/19/2009 06:38:00 PM | 0 comments »

A few months ago I blogged about a special way that God has encouraged me with a little bit of beauty in the middle of the city.

Every morning on my walk into the office I'd look at the bunch of flowers and smile, sigh a little, and just say a little word of thanks to God. Seeing the flowers there was just a sweet little something that reminded me that I'm not alone and that I'm cared for and remembered by a very thoughtful and generous Heavenly Father. To me it's like someone knowing me sooo well and giving me the most perfect gift ever -- everyday!

Last Wednesday I was walking to work and was a little surprised when I turned the corner and saw my love plant. "Wow! So many bright, pink flowers! It's getting so tall! It's so full!! How beautiful!" And I said my little word of thanks to God for that little beautiful, bright spot. And for some reason that day, I said too to Him -- "Sigh, one day they're going to have to get rid of it... but I won't forget. I know that even when these flowers aren't there that it doesn't change anything of what it has helped me to remember. You'll still love me. You're still with me. You're still a great gift giver."

Well... wouldn't you know it. The very next day I turn the corner and GONE! MURDERED I SAY!
My little love plant was cut down. It was no more.

But... there on the sidewalk by where my love plant used to stand -- one lone flower. So, I stooped down as I walked past the spot and picked it up.SIGH. Goodbye love plant.

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." - Isaiah 40:8

0 comments