Freezing Cold!

12/23/2009 02:24:00 PM | 0 comments »

I arrived in Tampa, Florida on Sunday, December 20th -- 5:20 PM, EST.
It was a trip that started when I left my apartment on Sunday, December 20th -- 2:30 AM, Manila time.
Yes, that was over 24 hours.

But, the trip went really well so I'm not complaining. :) I got an aisle seat ... with an EMPTY seat next to me for the entire flight from Manila to Nagoya and from Nagoya to Detroit. I landed in Detroit, had a yummy chocolatey treat and then got on my last flight -- where I was seated in first class!!

At the baggage claim of the Tampa Airport were my brother, sister-in-law and nephew waiting for me.

It's been good being here with them -- I've been wrapping presents, watching Christmas movies (yay for Hallmark, ABC Family, Lifetime cheese!!), eating well, sleeping A LOT, playing Trouble and thumb war, and having lots of hugs, kisses, snuggles and tickles.

It's really cold here in Tampa. REALLY cold.

Tomorrow some time my parents and sister should be arriving from Pennsylvania. Praying for good travel for them as they're driving down here. My mom is bringing with her a suitcase of winter clothes. I asked her to pack some stuff for me because on Christmas Day I head to URBANA!!!

YES!! URBANA 09!!!
That's how I got to be here for Christmas.

I'm so excited to be there. URBANA was one of the key experiences that God used to move me closer to getting more involved in the work of Wycliffe and moving me to Asia. I'm looking forward to how God will use the week again -- in the lives of participants that we get to interact with AND in my own life personally.

I've got two more days... then I take off for St. Louis!

Until then... sweet, precious family time celebrating Christmas. So very grateful for this.

0 comments