Happy December!!!

12/02/2009 10:17:00 PM | 1 comments »

The Philippines does Christmas season... BIG TIME!
The season started in September (during the "...ber" months)!
Christmas music was being played, stores had their Christmas displays up, and we were already getting notices about our office Christmas party!

Tonight felt like the "official" kick-off of the Christmas season here in Ortigas.

"Christmas of Hope" -- the celebratory lighting of 2 huge Christmas trees in the center of the city.
A local band kicked off the celebration playing Christmas carols and other fun tunes. After a few words from local officials, the Christmas lights were switched on, music was played, free food was given out and FIREWORKS were set off!

It was a lot of fun! Kind of made me wish I'd be here for Christmas... but there's always next year! (more about my Christmas plans ... later!)

As always, the challenge this time of year is enjoying the festive mood and celebrations... while remembering and staying focused on the One we're celebrating.

Happy December!
Blessed Advent...

Ok, a pretty horribly taken video off my little camera... but just to give you an idea of what the night was like in Ortigas.


1 comments

  1. LolaDawn // December 5, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

    Oh my goodness, I can't believe I left early. Look at all the fun I missed. Whenever I say I don't have a ife, kick me under the table. Ortigas does Christmas, doesn't it? The cool thing about Christmas in Manila is that you can enjoy the carols that speak of our Lord's incarnation. They let me, as a Christian, truly celebrate, with their blessing. It is good to be here. I'll miss you this Christmas.