One More Year

12/08/2009 11:55:00 PM | 0 comments »

Paperwork is in process for my visa here in the Philippines to be renewed.
I went today to get fingerprinted for my residency card.
Next week my passport should be ready ... and in it should be my new one-year visa!!

I really hope that it will be ready! I'm supposed to leave for the States next Sunday. Kind of need my passport for that. Ha! (Oh yes, that reminds me!! MORE ON THAT LATER!!!)

Sam and I shared a taxi to the Bureau of Immigration. I had to laugh when he reached back to put his seat belt on. Can you see why??

When we arrived, Kuya Jun was already there with all my paperwork in hand. All I had to do was follow him to the finger stamping lady. It took Sam and I about an hour and half to travel there... and took me less than 5 minutes to finish what needed to be done.
But, I'm definitely NOT complaining! It's great to have colleagues who take care of so much work on behalf of those of us who work in the area and help us know how to best go through these processes. "Yay!" for my friends in Visa Travel Services who track when when I need to renew my visa and help to make sure it all gets done right! (... and so many more other things!) Don't know what I'd do without their help!!

RANDOM: Tomorrow is our team's Christmas Party (7 IN THE MORNING!!! at Starbucks). We're supposed to bring an exchange gift ... reused, recycled -- nothing new or bought. I made theses magazine trees. Kind of fun. I didn't bring much crafty stuff with me and I haven't accumulated much in my house yet. So I was glad to find this fun idea online.

0 comments