It's Been A While!

12/06/2009 10:00:00 PM | 0 comments »

This past weekend I got to spend time with some family. It's been a long while since I last saw them (September?).

I think that is one of my big disappointments of my first year in Manila.
When I was preparing to move here I was so excited at the thought of being able to spend time and get to know family here. Growing up in the States, I didn't even meet most of my family here in the Philippines until after I graduated college. I'm really thankful that I've had the chance to meet most of my cousins during different visits to the Philippines. Now that I'm living in the Philippines it's my hope to spend time with them and get to know them.

Unfortunately, in this past year I haven't been able to spend a lot of time visiting with family. In this past year it's felt like I've traveled a lot. And, when I've not been traveling I find that I take my weekends to just veg out -- meaning... stay at home and have movie marathons while wearing my PJs. Hehehe.

I have loved when I've been able to spend time with family. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more of it in the upcoming year!!!
Rivera connections. Starbucks. Brothers Burgers. Yum treat of Crepes and Cream. Nieces and nephews sleep over. George Foreman "toaster." CCF. Day at Podium. Non stop eating and drinking. Heavenly Mary Grace Cheesecake. Pizza and Pasta Dinner. Hearing the testimony of God's faithfulness. Free WiFi Fun.

0 comments