Hope Now

11/07/2008 11:15:00 AM | 0 comments »

This morning I was able to chat online with my mom via Skype.
She shared with me that she'll need to get a bone marrow test on Monday.
For the last couple of weeks her numbers haven't been increasing as the doctors have wanted. So, this wasn't really a big surprise. But still.

After chatting with my mom I sat outside to enjoy the morning and the view before our meetings began for the day. As I was sitting there I suddenly got overwhelmed. So many thoughts and questions started bouncing around my head.

Here I am in the Philippines and my parents are on the other side of the world. Here I am...in the country where I am supposed to relocate in a few months. What if the test shows there's leukemia again?? Then what? How's my mom? Will she be okay? Why are her levels down? Lord, it's been going so well, why hasn't she fully recovered yet?

As this endless list of questions and thoughts continued to fill my mind the lyrics of a song came to my mind.
"How quickly I forget, I'm yours. I'm not my own. I've been carried by You, all my life."

I had my iPod with me and I was glad the song, Hope Now, was on one of my playlists.

The words reminded me again... HOPE.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." - Psalm 62:5

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." - Hebrews 11:1-3





Hope Now - Addison Road

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I’m Yours

I’m not my own
I’ve been carried by You
All my life

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I’ll be okay and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

I’m not my own
I’ve been carried by You
All my life

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
You’ve become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free

0 comments