Some Airports...

11/10/2008 09:00:00 AM | | 0 comments »

are just better than others.

My trip to and from Manila had me in 6 different airports. And really, some airports are WAY better than other airports.

I got to travel through...

  • PHL - Philadelphia Int'l
  • MSP - Minneapolis/St. Paul Int'l
  • NRT - Tokyo-Narita, Japan
  • NGO - Nagoya, Japan
  • DTW - Detroit-Wayne County Int'l
  • MNL - Manila Int'l, Philippines
Just a few things I've noticed that make for a really good airport experience for me...
  • bathrooms with doors that swing OUT from the stall
  • friendly, helpful airport staff
  • those lovely ground staff folks pointing me to my next flight (airports in Japan are always GREAT at this!!!)
  • food options. Always nice when there's something I can grab to eat near my gate.
  • walking sidewalks
  • free wireless
You'll notice that all the airports I traveled through are big ones. I don't think I'll find walking sidewalks in small airports in the middle of nowhere. I'm going to have to learn to adjust expectations, won't I? :)

The airports in Japan always seem so clean and organized. Probably my least favorite airport (although they are making improvements) is the one closest to my home. But, I'm always glad when I get there. Home sweet home. Sigh. :)

I was so stiff from sitting for most of the flight to Detroit that I opted to walk to my gate. But check out DTW with its cool Express Tram.

Any favorite airports out there? Any airport tips to share?

0 comments