Please continue to pray...

11/19/2008 08:00:00 AM | 1 comments »

Tomorrow morning my mom is scheduled for her regular appointment with Dr. Loren (her oncologist). We'll be taking an early morning trip to Penn Tower.

Last week she had a bone marrow biopsy. Because her regular blood tests for the last few weeks showed that her numbers weren't really going up (and her platelets actually were decreasing) they wanted to do a bone marrow biopsy to check early if there's anything going on -- is there a re-appearance of leukemia cells.

Tomorrow morning we're expecting to hear the results of the test.

This past week her blood test showed an increase in her platelets. Praise God! We're hoping that's a good indicator that maybe her bone marrow is still just tired and taking a while to fully recover and produce all the good blood cells.

Please pray with us that the blood test she gets tomorrow AND the results of the bone marrow test taken last week confirm that she is still on the path of recovery and continues to be clean of leukemia.

Pray also pray that we continue to have the peace that comes from Him alone. That He would continue to be our Source and Strength.

I've been feeling pretty anxious -- wondering, worrying about if IT (...leukemia) might come back. I've been trying to remember and obey scripture... "Be anxious for nothing..." "Who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?"

It's hard to "make" myself not worry. Some thought or question comes into my mind and I think, "Don't worry about it." It usually just makes me think about it more and worry about it more.

But, I'm realizing something and trying to put it into practice. These passages along with the words "don't worry" also gives other directives. These passages remind me... "pray," "ask," "give thanks," "remember," "observe," "seek Him," and so on.

I know. You're probably thinking, "Duh."

But I've needed this reminder. I'm always quick to worry. I'm always quick to be anxious. I'm not always quick to do these things.

I'm learning.
I'm practicing.

Maybe one day these will be more evident marks of my life rather than worry and anxiety.

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // November 20, 2008 at 4:34 AM  

    Aileen - I am praying for you and your mom.