Thank You!

11/20/2008 12:10:00 PM | 2 comments »

Thank you all for your prayers!
And, thank the Lord for the comfort, strength, hope, peace and HEALING that He brings.

We received GREAT news at the doctor's office today!

The doctor and nurse who checked on my mom today said that the bone marrow is CLEAN. There is NO EVIDENCE of leukemia. In fact they said that it looks like the bone marrow is in good working condition, it's producing the cells that it should be, and in looking at the bone marrow... you can't tell what my mom has gone through in the past several months and that she had leukemia!! Amazing! God works in incredible ways.

As you can imagine... we are sooo thankful!

The low numbers that my mom has had in the last few blood tests may indicate that her "normal" blood levels have plateaud at levels a bit lower than those of average women. BUT, where they have been landing are still okay. She still has all the blood cells to function normally (she can fight infections, etc.).

The doctor said that the body is smart and that it already produces far above the numbers that we actually need. So it is basically able to compensate for itself. When I think about all the medical "mysteries" that make things work... it amazes me. We ARE His workmanship... His Creation.

It also is a challenge to me. TRUST HIM. We are His. And, He is GOOD.

So... thank you for your continued prayers.
And, praise God with us for His continued presence with us in this journey, His healing strength, His peace, His comfort and His faithfulness.

I've been focusing on Psalm 71 over the last week. This portion has been standing out to me as I've been reading it. Today especially.

You who have shown me many troubles and distresses
Will revive me again,
And will bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
May You increase my greatness
And turn to comfort me.
I will also praise You with a harp,
Even Your truth, O my God;
To You I will sing praises with the lyre,
O Holy One of Israel.

Psalm 71: 20-22

I thank God that He fulfills His promises in His Word.

But as for me, I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.

Psalm 71:14

2 comments

  1. Ruth Hubbard // November 20, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

    Rejoicing with you!! All praise to God for his mercies and grace.

  2. Heather // November 24, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

    Aileen, that is GREAT news!! Praise God!