Day One

6/15/2010 10:41:00 PM | 0 comments »

Back in South Asia. This time I'm visiting a different city...a different state.

It’s been a good day. I traveled here with a colleague from Manila. We arrived in the country about 11 or so last night. It was a pretty uneventful journey. Nice.

There was no movie on the 4 hour flight from Singapore here. That was a bit disappointing. Thankfully I was sleepy AND I had a fun book with me. Unfortunately, I finished it on the plane and now I have no fun reading with me. (Okay, I do have a "Long Obedience in the Same Direction" with me – but I’m in need of some mindless reading.)

We arrived at the "Y" by 12:30 AM so I was able to get a good night's rest before we started things off today.

Our first day of work was filled with lots of techy talk and great food.
After we finished work for the day we took an auto-rickshaw (the local version of the tricycle, tuk-tuk...) to the shoreline. We took a nice walk and had a fun boat tour. We saw the big industry boats, local fishermen, and the tourists' palaces and yacht clubs. It was cool, overcast and at times a bit drizzly. It made for a nice end of our first day working together this week.

Enjoying being back here...


0 comments